Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

While decluttering my closet I stumbled upon a box of old photos and a blank manila envelope.  Inside of the envelope I found several old greeting cards that I had saved from many years ago. I opened them and discovered they were all from my mother.

Although I left home when I was 19 to go to college and later moved to work in Los Angeles, my mom and I remained very close. She was the rock, the glue, the spark plug and the foundation for all the love and support that our family was so lucky to have. She passed away way too young and it has been very hard not to have her physically in my life.

My eyes welled up as I read each card and in everyone of them she always made sure to tell me how much she missed me, how much she supported me and my dreams and most important, she always let me know how much I was loved by her and my dad.  I miss her.


Although I can no longer hear her say these beautiful words, I definitely feel her love as much today as I did back then.  Thank you so much for your love and support Mom. It has definitely shaped me to be the person I am today and the person I hope to continue to be each and everyday. I love you.


Happy Mother's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.