Saturday, March 21, 2015

American Idol Season 15: Top 11 Perform And An Idol Saved

This week's Idol Theme was "movie night" and the contestants performed songs from a movie.  Today's extra guest mentor is Nile Rogers (Remember the group Chic) and I thought he was really good.  The new format continues, as they reveal (via a green lit chair), each Idol making it through they are immediately thrust into their next performance.  I'm not sure I like this format, but it does make the show move faster which I do like.  


Prior to each performance, a quick clip shows each contestant making up a movie which was actually kind of cute.  Then a mentor session and their performance. It was a cool surprise to see Kenny Loggins perform Footloose, which even got Harry to stand up and dance.   

The big news for the night is Qaasim avoiding elimination by earning the judge's one and only save for the season.  I hope they don't regret it in the future. Qaasim performed much better to get the save, but he had a horrible performance last week and I thought the voters had it right.  I don't think he is the weakest in this group but he also isn't the best vocal either.  So I guess, we'll see how things go. I'm hoping America gets next week's vote right again. In my opinion and based on their performances, next to go should be Daniel or Maddie.   

And here's how I rated this week's performances (best to least liked):

Joey Cook - Mad World, Donnie Darko (Joey is easily becoming my favorite of the season)
Clark Beckham - Sunday Morning, Cheaper By The Dozen 2 (His best performance by far)
Adanna Duru - I Love You I Do, Dream Girls (Adanna continues to bring it, great job)
Jax - I Want To Grow Old With You, The Wedding Singer (I enjoyed seeing this quirky side of Jax)
Quentin Alexander - You're The One That I Want, Grease (I loved his interpretation)
Nick Fradiani - Danger Zone, Top Gun (Good, but a better song choice (Heaven In Your Eyes) would've been better)
Tyanna Jones - The Circle of Life, The Lion King (love her but I think a better song choice may have been better)
Rayvon Owen - Stayin' Alive, Saturday Night Fever (He did better this week than last)
Qaasim Middleton - Come Together, Across the Universe (Much better than last week, but I think the save shouldn't have been used)
Maddie Walker - Let's Hear It For The Boy, Footloose (Yikes, probably one of her worst performance)
Daniel Seavey- Lost Stars, Begin Again (I like Daniel, but this was very hard to listen to. Not good at all)

And here's how I voted:



And that's my Recap.  Keep on Rocking AI . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.