Friday, May 16, 2014

Saturday's PhotoHunting: Abstract

Abaporu is an oil painting by Brazilian artist, Tarsila do Amaral.  


I was able to admire this painting and some other pretty cool artwork at the Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires (MALBA).



I always find it very interesting to learn about the many things that can influence an artist: nature, religion, humanity, inhumanity, politics, other artists, culture, music, time, the good, the bad, life struggles, love, hate, relationships, current trends, etc.  

This makes me realize that our perception in everything we see, do and believe in is greatly affected by everything around us.  I think that's why I enjoy being outdoors, why I have a passion for music, photography and travel so much. Sensory overload  at its finest. :)  

To see more PhotoHunters, you can visit Gattina's Keyhole Pictures website HERE!  




4 comments:

  1. "Sensory overload at its finest" - I love it! Art never fails to fascinate me and yes, it's just amazing to think about all the things that influence artists (and us). I like this painting a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thanks for liking my sensory overload comment. :) I agree with you, it is amazing how many things influence us too. Makes life so much more interesting.

      Have a wonderful weekend. We're in a major heatwave here and I had to bust out my portable AC unit. :)

      Delete
  2. I like this oil painting too. It's interesting to learn about the artist behind this painting. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ECL, thanks so much for your comments. And yes it's interesting to learn about the influences behind the art.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.