Friday, February 18, 2011

American Idol: In Round 3, some contestants leave it all on stage . . .


In my previous Recap, I said that Jordan Dorsey, James Durbin and Clint Jun Gamboa were no longer on my favorites list based not upon their talent but from what the editors of American Idol showed us. It was pretty unfair of me to place that kind of judgement on these contestants especially during this part of the competition.  Thanks Annie for your comments.  You reminded me about how grueling group rounds can be. I think in the heat of competition and with the added stress of group dynamics, imperfections can sometimes surface.  But Jacee got through the dreaded group rounds and last night's solo performance. Yay.

Here's a couple of highlights from last night's solo performances (Round 3):

Jacob Lusk, one of last night's highlights, pulls out all the stops for his version of God Bless the Child.  Some people just got it. And Jacob has it and then some.

Casey Abrams who introduced us to melodica in his audition in Austin shows us just how multi talented he really is by bringing in an Idol first Stand up bass.  He delivers a unique and very entertaining performance of Georgia on my Mind. Loved it and love him!

Other idols showing their musical as well as vocal talents include:  Julie Zorilla, Caleb Hawley, Colton Dixon, Brett Loewenstern and Robbie RosenJohn Wayne Schulz also shows his musical talents with his guitar and sings a country version of Fleetwood Mac's Landslide.  He doesn't have the vocal fireworks of some of the other performers but what he does have is equally talented. He could be a dark horse in this competition.

Among those moving on are:  Haley Reinhart, Caleb Hawley, Colton Dixon, Robbie Rosen, Ashthon Jones, Thia Magia, Jacee Badeaux, Chris Medina, Casrson Higgins, Brett Loewenstern, Deandre Brackensick, Julie Zorilla,  Naima Adedapo, Hollie Canavaugh, James Durbin, Clint Jun Gamboa and although they forgot some of their lyrics during their performance, Scotty McCreary and Ashley Sullivan make it through.   You can see the complete list HERE.

Next week it's off to Viva Las Vegas where the idols will be asked to perform a Beatles Song. I can't wait to see what some of my favorites will do and I especially can't wait to see what Casey Abrams will do and what new instrument he'll maybe play for us.

And that's my Recap. Keep on Rocking AI . . .


2 comments:

  1. Jacob blew me away! Have they even showed him before? He's my fave now; that was such an awesome perfomance. I liked the cowboy's version of Landslide too.

    Some people including the guy from NC are lucky that the judges are being more lenient this year with people who forget the words. Wouldn't have happened if Simon was still there. :)

    Beatles week will be fun and then we'll get to see who the Top 24 are. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, I totally agree. Jacob was off the hook! The first glimpse we got of him was in group rounds and he was standout in that performance too. Last night was a much better look at him and wow! I think its safe to say that he'll be in the top 24. I can't see him messing up for Beatles Week. Cool to hear that you liked John Wayne's Landslide performance too. I just think its sweet that he is so close to his mom.

    You are right about how lucky the contestants who forgot their words were to move on. Simon would definitely have given them a hard time and would have to be overruled by the other judges to move them through. I was really surprised that Ashly made it since she really messed up on her song. Seems unfair to the other contestants who didn't in a way.

    I'm looking forward to Beatles week and to finding out who makes the cut. I think if Carson Higgins or Jacee and Deandre makes it through I think they will be very popular with the AI fans. Ooo I can't wait.

    Thanks so much for your comments and for sharing your thoughts on the contestants. Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.