Friday, January 21, 2011

American Idol: Jacee Badeuax is a New Orleans standout . . .


I didn't intend to blog about last night's New Orleans auditions, but when 15 year old Jacee Badeuax sang Otis Redding's (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay, I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold my words in.  This young hopeful has talent and I hope he goes far in this competition because I would love to see what he does in his performances.

And here are my other standouts from last night's show:

Jordan Dorsey, the 21 year old musician and instructor sings "Over the Rainbow" even changing it up to a more jazzy version midway in his performance without as Jennifer said skipping a beat.

Brett Loewenstern, the 16 year old red head who was picked on at school is another standout performance for me.

And as it did in New Jersey, the show ended with a tear jerking performance (and storyline) with Paris Tassin, the young mother of a special needs child. Her performance brought tears to J-Lo's eyes and I have to admit mines welled up. Like Adam Lambert did in most of his performances on Idol, Paris didn't just perform a  song she gave us an experience through her performance to not just hear but feel the words that she was singing. Her dreams are taking her to Hollywood and I'm really hoping her talent and dreams will take her far in this competition.

And that's my New Orleans auditions Recap. Keep on Rocking AI . . .



2 comments:

  1. My two faves were the first (Jordan) and Jacee. Looking forward to hearing more from both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, cool that they are your two faves...I'm hoping they make it far in the competition too so we can hear more of them too! :)

    Thanks so much for your comments. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.