Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Humble, yet proud . . .

Guess what! This week I was selected again by Marta on Slow Travel for "Photo of the Week" for March 9, 2008!

It is a photo that I took when I visited a small town called Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic in November 2006. Cesky Krumlov is a beautiful and charming little town that was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1992 due to its well-preserved medieval, renaissance and baroque architecture. I read so many wonderful Slow Travel trip reports, travel notes and discussions on Cesky Krumlov, that I immediately knew that I wanted to see it. I spent 3 wonderful days exploring Cesky Krumlov and had a blast!

After commenting on Marta's photo of the week thread, I did my usual review of Kim's featured Trip Report/Blog of the week selection. I was nearly floored when I saw that Kim selected my Trip Report. Okay, now I'm really feeling embarrassed!

There are so many outstanding "gifted" writers on the Slow Travel Board that I can't help but feel so unworthy! But then I thought to myself, what if my photo and/or report could inspire just "one" person to travel to these wonderful countries? Wow, that would be so cool! Honestly too, I can't help but feel a teeny tiny bit proud and honored to have been selected.

Thank you so much Marta and Kim for featuring one of my photos and my trip report for the week of March 8, 2008.

By the way, here's the photo that Marta selected:

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you - you should feel very proud and honored! The photo is very beautiful and the trip report is great - your enthusiasm just comes right through! I'm really glad they combined those two honors in the same week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks so much Annie! I really appreciate it!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.