Friday, May 23, 2014

Saturday's PhotoHunting: Mirror

While visiting Scotland in 2009, I had a rental car (a definite must when exploring the highlands) and decided on this very rainy day to visit Loch Morar, the deepest fresh water loch in Europe.  It's a pretty cool and huge lake and in better weather I think it would be a great place to hike around. 


It was raining so hard and the winds were so fierce that I literally thought that the water was going to rise up over the road.  Honestly, it was a little scary driving so close to the lake. I had visions of me being swept up by the rising water out into the middle of the Loch where legends of it's own Loch Ness Monster called Morag called it's home.  I drove a little further down the road and found a quaint little church. I wanted to go inside but it was closed, so I quickly made a U-turn in the parking lot shot a few photos of the lake and hightailed it out of there. :)


And if you look in the bottom left corner of my photo, you'll see my camera lens peaking out of it's rain jacket in my car's side view mirror. :)

To see more PhotoHunters, you can visit Gattina's Keyhole Pictures website HERE!  



10 comments:

  1. Ha, that is a cool mirror shot! The lake looks very beautiful even in bad weather.

    Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, lol....thanks so much for liking my photo. Can you tell I was desparate. Apparently mirror are not very high on my photog list. :) I had to really stretcho on this one. Yes, despite the weather, it really is a very big and beautiful lake and I'm glad I got the chance to see it.

      Have a great Memorial Day weekend too! I get an extra long one too because I am off on Tuesday. Yippee!

      Delete
  2. I'll be heading up around the Highlands really soon with a group of friends, can't wait to get some pictures. I just hope the weather is slightly nicer than it was for you, since I won't have a car to hide in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story, Kathy! Until today, it's been pelting down here in Hong Kong for weeks -- and I can't help but think how awful it must have been for tourists. Small wonder then that one of my most popular blog posts has been about what one can do in Hong Kong when it rains! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was anticipating your discovery of a Loch Morar monster! :(......
    The lake is really huge, if there is a monster in it, it would be HUGE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girls, thanks so much for your comments.

    Caitlin, you will love the highlands. And if you're not there in November you will be okay with the weather. :)

    YTSL, I could have used a post like yours for Scotland, because I saw my share of rain and wind while visiting and I had no choice to get a little wet. But then again, it was November when I was there. :)

    ECL, exactly. And that's why I did a quick look, took a couple of photos and hightailed it out of there. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit, despite the monster ! great choice for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lake shot and the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other photohunt is "yellow," which can also be seen in the "mirror" of your photo!

    Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.