Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


One of my mom's favorite songs was Somewhere Over the Rainbow and it has become one of my all time favorite songs as well. The lyrics remind me so much of her because she was a person who always worked toward pursuing her dreams. 

Sometimes, I wonder what she would say to me about my dreams and plans to walk the Camino de Santiago across Northern Spain by myself. She'd probably smile (worry internally for me) and offer me encouragements and support to follow my dreams.  I so miss talking to her but I know she lives on in who I am, who I have become, what I have done and what I am about to do. 

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high, 
There's a land that I heard of 
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
and the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish Upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow 
why, oh why can't I?
~ Harold Arlen & E.Y. Harburg

This is one of the few photos of me and my mom that I was able to save.  I'm not sure, but I believe it was taken during a family vacation to either Kauai, Maui or the Big Island.   I think I got my passion for travel from mom too! :)


Much appreciation and love always. 
Happy Mother's Day Mom!

A very Happy Mother's Day to my sis, Jean!

And a very Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the photo of you and your mom! So special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your comments and liking my photo. She was a special lady and I'm so thankful that I've inherited many of her passions.

      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Very late in catching here. Great post. Beautiful photo. Sounds like she taught you quite a bit! She will be with you on your walk.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.