Wednesday, March 26, 2014

American Idol Season 13: Singing With The Band

This week the Idols pick a rock and roll song to sing with the Idol Band.

And here's how the night went:

Alex Preston - Don't Speak by No Doubt
Majesty York - Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine
Dexter Roberts - Boondocks by Little Big Town
Malaya Watson - The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles
Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's
Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
Caleb Johnson - Dazed And Confused by Jake Holmes
Jena Irene - Bring Me To Life by Evanescence & Paul McCoy
CJ Harris - If It Hadn't Been For Love by The SteelDrivers

I have to say that all the Idols did really well tonight and it's very difficult to have to pick my top three. 

Considering what songs they chose to perform, their creativity, uniqueness and delivery, here are my top performances of the night:  Alex Preston (loved his jazzy rendition), Majesty York (I'm so glad to see her back on track and feeling confident after being in the bottom three. There's something really authentic and positive about Majesty's performances that I really love.) and Jessica Meuse (I thought this was her best performance in the competition and besides I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan and she sounds so much like Stevie Nicks). 

I'm not sure who will get eliminated, because they were all pretty good.  But if I had to pick a bottom three, I would have to say Dexter Roberts, CJ Harris and Malaya Watson. 

And here's how I voted: 


And that's my Recap.  Keep on Rocking AI . . . .

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recap, Kathy. I agree with you, it's really hard to pick a bottom three; everyone did well! I was also glad to see Majesty have a good night. I thought Malaya did a nice job with that Beatles song but wonder if it might have been too mellow compared to others. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your recap too. I think you're right about Malaya's song. Although I like that song, it's a bit of a sleeper as compared to the other more upbeat songs and although she did s good job with it, it might not get her the votes as much as the others. I love her personality and I hope she stays. But I hope my top three make it more.

      Have a great day and weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie, I just read on my twitter feed that Majesty, CJ and Sam were in the bottom three and that the Judges didn't use the save on Majesty. First of all, Big mistake on the judges not to use the save on Majesty when she was clearly not the worst performer. I mean who are they saving this save on?

    Majesty deserved to stay in the competition longer and it was totally wrong not to use the save on her when CJ Harris is still in the competition. Nothing against CJ but Majesty performed better that he did last night.

    Sorry to see Majesty leave, but she is so talented I think she'll go on to have a very successful career. I just think it would have been nice to see her perform more in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really surprised that they didn't use the save for her! I agree with you, what are they saving it for at this point in the competition? I feel bad for her because she didn't have the worst performance this week. It's almost like she spent a few weeks in the bottom 3 so people stopped voting for her, maybe.

    Oh well, you are right - she has a bright future ahead. I'll miss her.

    Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, I think you are right. I think people did stop voting for her after she landed in the bottom three that first time.

      She is so talented and she has her own style that is unique to her. I'm going to miss watching her perform on a weekly basis.

      Thanks so much for your comments. Happy Friday and have a great weekend too.

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.