Wednesday, March 12, 2014

American Idol Season 13: Idols Goes to the Movies

This week the Idols performed songs from the movies. The show also featured funny clips where all the Idols pretended to be each other during an Idol audition. I have to say that the best clips involved the Idols pretending to be Jessica and Caleb. :)

Here's the song list for the night:

Sam Woolf - Come Together (Beatles) from Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band
Jessica Meuse - Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkle) from The Graduate
CJ Harris - Can't You See (Marshal Tucker Band) from Blow
Dexter Roberts - Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd) from Sweet Home Alabama
Ben Briley - Bennie and the Jets (Elton John) from 27 Dresses
Majesty Rose York - Let It Go (Idina Menzel) from Frozen
Caleb Johnson - Skyfall (Adele) from Skyfall
MK Nobilette - To Make You Feel My Love (Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood) from Hope Floats
Alex Preston - Falling Slowly (The Swell) from Once
Jena Irene Ascuitto - Decode (Paramore) from Twilight
Malaya Watson - I Am Changing (Jennifer Hudson) from Dreamgirls

Tonight, it's clear that the Idols have really stepped up their game in this competition.  They made better song choices and their performances were very entertaining.   

My pic for the best performance of the night goes to Jena Irene. Her performance was really strong and I'm so happy for her especially after being in the bottom three last week.

I'm afraid that MK could be in the bottom three again this week.  But I think that Ben should be the one to go as he had the weakest performance of the night. 

Surviving this week's elimination is important, because the remaining contestants get to go on the Idol's Summer Tour which will hopefully help their careers.

Here's how I voted:


And that's my Recap.  Keep on Rocking AI . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, thanks for the recap! I really liked the song choices this week. I knew more of the songs than I've known recently and thought that most of them did a good job. Glad to see Majesty and Malaya do well and agree with you about Jena. So far, it's looking like a girls year to me but anything can happen. Looking forward to the results show tonight. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thanks so much for liking my recap. I'm so rooting for Majesty and Malaya and my other favorites to make it past tonight's elimination. I agree that anything can happen on Idol. I think it's pretty equal between the guys and girls so hopefully we'll get a great competition this season. I'll probably cheat and get the results from the East Coast reports before tonight because I just get too stressed out watching the show in anticipation and you know how the Ryan and the Producers like to create drama on the results show.

      Enjoy the show too and have warm and fun weekend.

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.