Friday, February 1, 2013

Saturday's PhotoHunting: Looking out of your window

I spend 2 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week looking out of my car window, commuting to and from work.  That's a lot of time and although I have my Prince songs to keep me entertained, I can get very bored.  Sometimes, however, I am lucky to catch a beautiful sunset or sunrise like on this one particular morning.  Note to self:  need to wash my car. :)


I spend 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year (minus my 3 weeks of vacation) looking out of my office window. On a clear day it can be quite pleasant.


But behind this view, I can enjoy looking at Italy in my make believe window and daydream about my next travel adventures. :)


To see more PhotoHunters, you can visit Gattina's Kehole Pictures website HERE!  


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy --

    If it's any consolation, your commute time is about the same as mine. But yeah, I have to say that I often think that it'd be better for my health and also the planet's if my commute time was shorter! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi YTSL, thank you for the consolation my fellow long haul commuter. The only thing remotely positive about the long commute is it does give me a lot of time for contemplation, planning my to do list for the day ahead, and unwinding with the cool one from a hard day at work. And thank goodness for my fake window and constant view of Italy. It keeps my eyes on the prize while working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi TC Harris, thanks so much for liking my photos.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inventive take on this week's theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a long way to work ! the view out of your office is nice, but of course the fake view is even better, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I love your photos and this glimpse into your life. That commute is long and I bet you have lots of traffic to deal with too. Love the idea of our computers being a window into the world!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls, thanks so much for your comments...

    Jackie, glad you liked my take. :)

    Gattina, some days it feels longer than it is too. :) Yes, I like the view from my fake window a lot. :)

    Annie, thanks for liking my photos. Yes that communte is crazy long with traffic. Yes, thank goodness for Screen savers! I get to see more than just buildings but I get to see Italy, Spain.... :) Like you said it does give us a window into the world. Love that!

    Thanks everyone, hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.