Monday, June 13, 2011

Travel Thoughts: Finding my Diamonds & Pearls

Recently, I traveled to this Purple Funky Town place where I experienced something very special. It was a place where 18,000 adoring fans (of Prince) bonded together as one to the music of peace, soul and funk. It was a beautiful and amazing place to be and I had so much fun.



Somehow, this experience touched me and it made me think about travel. Okay I admit, it doesn't really take much to make me think about travel, but I thought it was a good lead. :)

Since 2005 I've seen some amazing things and have had some very memorable experiences while traveling.  And every now and then I have even been lucky to find that very special Purple Funky Town place.

So my Travel Thoughts for today is to always remember to slow down, pay attention and enjoy those very special moments, because it is truly there where you'll find your Diamonds and Pearls when traveling . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love the song Diamonds and Pearls! Great thoughts.

    I think Blogger might be acting up again; I've been having trouble commenting. I hope this one goes thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your comments. I love that song too and it's funny how my experience with his purpleness can inspire travel thoughts in me. :)

    I'm sorry that blogger was acting up for you. I just got back from a short trip up to Portland for a training conference.

    I was so inspired on this trip, some of it from what I learned in training, but most of it while visiting these beautiful gardens there. I tweeted a bit but I think Portland deserves a full on blog post. :)

    I'm glad to be back home though and was very anxious to catch up with everyone.

    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled that you were able to see Prince! I smiled for you every time you posted a photo on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Girasoli, I was very glad I was able to attend so many concerts too! Glad you liked my tweet photos. It's funny because during his concerts, Prince told us to stop Tweeting and be here! Everyone was tweeting and facebooking during his concert, which was pretty funny. It was hard tweeting because the signal was very poor in the Forum, but I managed to get a few out. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.