Wednesday, April 13, 2011

American Idol: Idols sing songs from the movies . . . .


Tonight, the 8 Idols choose songs from the movies and with the shocking elimination of Pia Toscano last week I'm crossing my fingers for the girls tonight . . . .

So, here's how the night went: 

Paul McDonald sings Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger (Risky Business).  I loved his Old time Rock n Roll performance.  I agree with Steven, the sax player was very cool!

Lauren Alaina sings The Climb by Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) and I thought she did great.  Please let her be safe.

Stefano Langone sings Boyz II Men's End of the Road (Boomerang).  I thought he did a good job.  Will it be enough to escape bottom three and elimination? 

Scotty McCreery sings I Cross My Heart by George Strait (Pure Country).  I thought he made the right song choice . . . .pure country all the way.  Fabulous!  

Casey Abrams sings Nature Boy by Nat King Cole (Moulin Rouge). At the beginning I wasn't really into it, but then I found myself becoming totally captivated by his performance.  As Randy said, brilliant!

Haley Reinhart sings Call Me by Blondie (American Gigolo). Okay, I'm a big fan of Haley and I really don't want a girl to leave this week, but I have to agree with Randy. I didn't think she chose the right song to showcase her vocals.

Jacob Lusk sings Bridge Over Troubled Water (Pursuit of Happyness).  One of my favorite songs and I loved his performance!

James Durbin sings Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar (Heavy Metal). I'm not a fan of Heavy Metal, but I actually enjoyed his performance a lot. 

And here's how I rated tonight's performances:

Casey Abrams
Jacob Lusk
Scotty  McCreery
Lauren Alaina
James Durbin
Paul McDonald
Stefano Langone
Haely Reinhart  (I really want both girls to move on, but I had to keep it real, sorry)

And that's my Recap. Keep on Rocking AI . . .


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, thanks for the recap; I missed last night's show and the song choices are so interesting - I wish I could have heard them. I hope I'll be able to watch tonight...after last week, there's no telling who will go home. I'll be very surprised if it's another girl!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your comments. I think you would've enjoyed last night's performance. Jacob was great and I thought Casey provided one of the most unique performances in Idol history. Loved it. I'm not sure who's going home tonight. A co-worker asked me if I cried when Pia got eliminated (she knows me pretty well :) .... I confessed that I couldn't watch the show after I cheated and found out that she was eliminated. I may watch tonight though....I really hope another girl doesn't go home. Enjoy the show and have a great day today too.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.