Friday, December 31, 2010

PhotoHunt: Fuzzy

I was a bit stuck on this week's theme until I looked up the definition for fuzzy . . .

"bleary: indistinct or hazy in outline; "a landscape of blurred outlines"; "the trees were just blurry shapes". :) ~ Google Web Definitions
 
I took this very fuzzy photo while riding on the train traveling from Amsterdam to Berlin just this past November.  I was trying to capture the beautiful sunrise with the snow covered landscape peeking out through the winter's leafless trees, but the train was traveling too fast for my camera. :)

This photo tells me that not only do I need to take another photography class (he, he), it reminds me that in life there are so many wonderful people, beautiful places and awesome new and unique experiences to be had all around us and if we don't take the time to slow down long enough to notice them, we can really miss out on some great life experiences and cool relationships.

 . . . things become clear, lines are well defined, the details and beauty of the images come to life and then you think to yourself . . . What a Wonderful World.



I want to say a special Thank You to Pauline Kenny, founder of Slow Travel, and owner of Slow Europe (a very helpful guide to vacation rentals in Europe).  Her creation of Slow Travel really changed my life.  I also want to thank the very awesome Slow Travel website (especially to those who administer and moderate their Slow Talk community forums).  Many thanks to my very talented and inspirational Blogging, Slow Travel, PhotoHunt and Twitter friends. I gain such inspiration, knowledge, laughter, beauty and enjoyment from all of you.  And finally, to my wonderful family (especially my amazing sister, Jean) and my cool friends for always reminding me to have fun and to live each day to the fullest. And when I do stray you're always there to guide me back. :)

Wishing you all a very Happy, Healthy and fun filled New Year in 2011!



See more PhotoHunters HERE!


11 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you, Trekcapri. Love your positive attitude towards life and the world. Hope (nay, trust) that it will serve you well in 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! Wishes for a wonderfully enriching and fulfilling and travelful upcoming year! PS: I just realized you offered photos to your twittering -- I'm a bit behind in the technology thing - as you may have already guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi YTSL, Happy New Year to You too. Thanks for liking my take. It's so much more fun for me to look at the positives in life. :) I wish you all the best for a Happy, Healthy, Safe, Fun and travel filled year in 2011.

    Hi M, Happy New Year to you too. I wish you and your family all the best for a happy, healthy, safe, fun and travel filled year. I'm still learning Twitter. It's great thinking of things to say that I'm doing in 140 letters and less. I real challenge for me. :) I'm still learning how to use it and have many things to learn about it still. I hope to practice and improve more in 2011. Best wishes in 2011!

    Thanks again and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful New Year. Here is to many happy travels. Any ideas on where to go this year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marta, have a wonderful New Year too! I don't have any definite plans yet, just a whole lot of dreaming for now :) Its kind of fun dreaming about the possibilities. :)

    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy! safe, and fun New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happ New Year Kathy!

    I completely forgot about photohunt this week . . . apparently my head was fuzzy yesterday. LOL

    I hope that you have a brilliant 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerry, being that it's the New Year I can understand the fuzziness. :) Hope you had great celebration.

    Wishing you, Paul and your mom have a very happy, healthy, safe and fun New Year in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo!! Perfect for the theme. I loved your slideshow - one of my favorite songs! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!

    I have been having problems uploading photos this weekend, so my post will be delayed. I have also been a very bad blogger lately. Sorry so late in commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Girasoli, thanks so much for your comments. Happy New Year to you too! I love this song too and think this version with Kenny G is pretty cool, went well with my take. :)

    Sorry to hear about your upload problems. I look forward to seeing your fuzzy photo when you have it worked out. You've been taking some really awesome photos with your new lens. Makes me want to do more practicing too. Really no worries about commenting late. I always love reading your comments and everyone elses comments but it is totally understandable when you are not able to comment.

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy, Safe and fun filled New Year. I can't wait for Baseball season to start. :) Good luck to your Red Sox. I hope they kick some yankee booty this season. :) Just kidding.... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Kathy. The photo might be fuzzy but it looks pretty cool too. Hope you have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Annie, Happy New Year to you too. I'm glad you like my fuzzy photo. :)

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy, Safe and fun 2011!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.