Monday, January 11, 2010

Scotland Souvenir(s): Scotch anyone....

Here is another souvenir that I brought home from my trip to Scotland last November. After reading one of Sandra's comments on my blog, I did some research and found the Talisker Distillery on the Island of Skye. And after taking a wonderful tour there and having my first experience tasting Scotch Whiskey, I could not resist bringing home a little bottle of 10 year old Talisker Scotch Whiskey. And with that, I had to buy a little Kilt to dress it up. Unfortunately, the Kilt was too large for my little souvenir bottle so I put it on a bottle of Italian wine. It's an international affair.


Here's my first glass of Scotch Whiskey...


Here's the bar in the waiting area of the Distillery (the pitcher of water on the bar came in real handy after taking my first sip). :)


The Distillery is located in a really beautiful setting on the shores of Loch Harport with dramatic views of the Cuillins.


Down the road from the Distillery...



Seeing these photos again brings back so many fond memories of my trip. I hope I get to see Scotland again. . . .

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I love the little Kilt and how you turned it into an international affair. The Distillery is located in a lovely place. I love your photo of the Cullins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maya, thanks so much for your comments. I love my little kilt too. I'm glad you like my photo of the Cuillins. I was definitely impressed wit the location and beautiful surroundings of the Distillery.

    Thanks again and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful souvenir to bring home and I love the cute little kilt. It looks quite pretty on the Italian wine. That is such a lovely setting for a distillery.

    I have never tried Scotch, even though my dad and husband was/are scotch drinkers. Did you like it?

    Happy Tuesday, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kilt is adorable - I love it! Too funny that you put it on the wine. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the distillery tour - love seeing more Scotland photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! What great souvenirs, I love the little kilt -- and the Scotch will come in very handy, I'm sure. I hope you enjoyed the visit to the distillery, and the beautiful region. Your photos of the Cuillins are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy - Love your souvenir quilt. I never could develop a taste for scotch. Your photos are lovely. Glad you have them to remind you to get back to Scotland again..m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy,
    I love the kilt. What great souvenirs you got. I love the photos of the distillery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your comments...

    Maria, I'm glad you liked my cute little kilt souvenir on my Italian wine. I'm not sure that I will permanently acquire the taste for scotch, but it was pretty cool to try it and even more cool learning how it was made and came to have such a peaty flavour. Happy Tuesday to you too. :)

    Annie, my little kilt is pretty adorable, I'd have to agree. It is very funny. And I almost put my little spanish dress wine bottle next to my kilt wine bottle just for fun... :) I did really enjoy the tour a lot. Thanks for liking my Scotland photos...I'm still haven't had a chance to organize and resize them to upload to ST. oops.

    Sandra, I'm glad you love my little kilt. You're right, maybe there's some kind of way I can prepare the scotch. I'll have to check it out. Or I could let it age even more like they do in Scotland. Some were as old as 30 years. :) Thank you for liking my Cuillins photo. It is really lovely and an nice reminder of my trip.

    M, I love my souvenir kilt too. I had to make sure I got one that had my favorite color "red" in the design. :) I hope some day to return and you are right my souvenirs will be a great reminder...

    Candi, I'm glad you love my kilt. I just have to have it especially since I started a tradition with my Spanish dress for my cava that I got from spain last year. :) I thought the distillery was pretty cool with that nice wooden bar and the setting is really beautiful too. The drive there had me passing by the Cuillin mountains which was incredible. It was difficult concentrating on the road. :)

    Thans so much everyone. I appreciate all of your kind words. I hope you all have a fabulous week...

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.