Friday, September 18, 2009

Music: Classic rules . . .

This photo of Electric guitars that I took while at the Hermosa Beach Festival during the Labor Day Holiday a couple of weeks ago was my second choice for last week's PhotoHunt theme. It sat in draft form for a long while before I finally decided to go with my tram photo from Prague. But IMO music cannot be denied it's rightful place along side my interest in Travel . . . and so here is my equally favorite pic for photo of the week, which I decided to turn into a Music post!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."~ Jimi Hendrix


Music played with electric guitars especially from such greats as Jimi Hendrix, BB King and my favorite, the Cool One (Prince) himself, are fabulous. However, music played with a classic guitar can be equally wonderful!

Here are three very talented musicians that I had the pleasure of listening to while visiting Granada, Spain.



What was really surprising to me when viewing my video was how people could just walk by and not stop to listen to them play. Remember my past post HERE! :) They were so good I bought two of their CD's which I love listening too. It is a souvenir that I treasure greatly. That and my very own Spanish guitar that I brought home! :)

Yay, it's Friday!

9 comments:

  1. I cannot fathom life without music.
    This is a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I love that guitar photo you took. And that's a wonderful quote from the great Jimi Hendrix!

    When I travel, I love to stumble across street musicians. Sometimes they are really good, like the ones you heard in Spain. I almost always throw some money in their buckets.

    And yes, it's Friday! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb, I can't either! :) Thanks so much for yourcomments. Have a great day today!

    Hi Annie, me too! Thanks for liking my photo. Btw I liked your recipe for the week. Looks very delicious. I'm making mine on Sunday. :)

    have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Was just reading your travel plans to Scotland.

    I am going to Italy in a week. Am very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie, yes my travel plans are coming along nicely although I should be devoting more time to it, but summer distractions got in the way! I am very excited for you and am really looking forward to hearing more about your trip! I'm green with envy. Have an awesome time on your 9th Trip! I'm only at 3 so far (and happily still counting!).

    thanks again and have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, love the Hendrix quotation! Cool photo too.

    If you like classical guitar, check out Jesse Cook. He is phenomenal, I have almost all his CDs, but the real treat is to see him live...I've done so twice and can't wait for him to return to Halifax! I'm going to post some videos on my blog right now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne, thanks so much for your comments. Jimi's quote is very cool. I loved your post and I really enjoy Jessie Cook's music. I have never heard of him before so I am very thankful to you for introducing his music to me. I will definitely be downloading his CD's from i-tunes over the weekend!

    Hope you have a wonderful Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy - I noticed that he has several California concert dates in October if you want to check him out live. Awesome experience, I highly recommend it!! He's coming back to my area in April and I can't wait!

    http://www.jessecook.com/#/home/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, thanks so much for the heads up. I will definitely check out his concert schedule to see if he will be playing in my area. I'm glad that he is headed back your way for you to see him too.

    Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.