Thursday, February 19, 2009

AI Recap: The first three are IN . . . .

Say it isn’t so! Anoop didn’t make the top three last night! I’m totally surprised and bummed! On the brighter side, Alexis and Danny are IN! Whoo hoo!

I have to say that pairing poor Tatiana and shoe in Danny was a little over the top AI! Come on. Keep it real and cool. You don’t need to create drama for drama sake!

I really have to give credit to the contestants who didn’t make it. To sit on stage and not show how crushed they really are must be tough. On the other hand there is Tatiana who just can’t help herself and cried in the background. I didn’t think it was fair that AI producers decided to put her up with Danny, but at the same time you need to be cool when you don’t make it. It is a competition after all. At least her behavior didn’t seem to ruin Danny’s moment. He closed the show with a great performance of Hero. I totally love Alexis too! I like Michael, but I think Anoop is way better and should’ve been in the top three. Sorry, but I have to keep it real too!

I’m so thrilled that Alexis and Danny made it and I am totally crossing my fingers that Anoop makes it in the Wild Card Show! Only 20,000 votes separate him from Michael so maybe that will guarantee him a spot in that Wild Card show.

Next week’s group will be also be competitive as well and should be really good!

It was great seeing Carly and especially Michael Johns! I can't say that I liked their music choice though. . . . oh wait they're not being judged any longer! :) Never mind!

And that’s my recap! Keep on Rocking AI . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I was bummed about Anoop but am very hopeful that he will be one of the Wild Cards. I'm not sure about this, but I think I read that the 3 wild card contestants will be selected by the judges after America picks the first 9.

    I'm still not so sure about this new format. Maybe it's just because it's so different? And I've never been crazy about hearing the same song two nights in a row, but at least now we are hearing the good songs again instead of hearing the losing song.

    It was fun to see Carly and Michael Johns but I thought their duet was a little rough. :) I feel sorry for Stephen Fowler because I think he's super talented and he just choked.

    Anyway, on to Group #2. Looks like some interesting people in that group!

    Great post and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, yes definitely a bummer that Annop missed top three by only 20,000 votes. I am also hoping that get gets a wild card spot. If he makes the top 9 I think he has a great shot at being picked by the judges because they really like him.

    You're right about hearing the same song again! But yes, it is much better to hear the winning songs. That duet with Carly and Michael Johns just didn't flow... I really liked both of them from last year though.

    I do feel sorry for Stephen. Its too bad that he choked both times. Maybe he might have another shot at wild card.

    Group # 2 will totally be fun to watch. It has dueling piano guy (can't remember his name) and also Adam Lambert and I think the top female (forgot her name too, but she is really really good).

    Thanks for your recap too Annie! Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.