Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Star is born . . . .

Tonight, David Cook established himself as a true Artist and the person to beat in this season's AI competition. He completely blew me away with his interpretaton of Mariah Carey's mega hit, "Always Be My Baby." And IMHO, no one else (not even my other favorites David A and Brooke) came remotely close to David's performance tonight.

At this point regardless of whether or not he ultimately wins Idol, I think David Cook will go on to have a brilliant career in music.

By the way, as much as I really like Michael Johns, I think his departure last week was not a huge surprise to me. Sad, but no surprise.

I think the dueling Davids will sail on through to the next round. It's a real toss up for me who goes out tomorrow!

Well, that's my recap . . . keep on rocking AI!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about David C. He has been getting better and better every week. David A has been consistently great but I think David C might be better. But...David A will probably win because he has all the teenage girls' votes (the ones who call in and vote hundreds of times). But that's just a guess!

    Brooke is still my fave of all the girls but she needs to do something spectacular next week - overall, a guy should win this year, I think.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,

    I totally agree with you about David A's fan base. He's so likeable and talented.

    I also agree with you that it's definitely going to be a guy that wins this year. And no offense to Jason, but I'm pretty sure his name will be David.

    Have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.