Thursday, April 7, 2016

American Idol: The Final Curtain


It's hard to believe that tonight is the last American Idol show! And it's even harder to believe that this is my first as well as my last American Idol blog post!

I started faithfully watching the audition shows with every intention of watching and blogging weekly about the contestants and the competition.  Unfortunately, with a couple of upcoming events happening this year for me (Retirment and my Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage), it has been crazy busy for me to tune in each week.  And it didn't feel right to blog about the show without that 100% commitment to watching each and every performance.  With that said, I knew that I had to write at least one post before the final curtain falls.  

This week we watched as producers, judges and past contestants talked about their Idol experiences. They talked about how American Idol has had such a big impact on their lives, on the music industry and on the lives of so many of its fans.  The show produced so many successful alums to include Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, Scotty McCreery and Carrie Underwood.  

I am so thankful to American Idol and to everyone involved with the show for giving us so many great memories, amazing music and most importantly for showing us that Dreams can and do come true!

I have been watching the show this week, including last night's performances between two very talented contestants, La'Porsha Renae and Trent Harmon.  And here's my review:

Treant Harmon sang If You Don't Know Me By Now - I thought Treant did a wonderful job.

La'Porsha Renae sang A House Is Not a Home - This was a brilliant performance and my favorite of the night. She was smooth, soulful and she did Luther's song justice and then some.

Treant Harmon sang Chandelier, and this was his best performance of the night.  Keith Urban complemented Treant on his vocal transitions and his falsetto and JLo felt he should be the winner based on this performance.

La'Porsha sang Diamonds by Rihanna - Loved her performance and so did the judges and audience. Tears flowed down her cheeks as the crowd chanted her name. It was an emotional moment.

I remember La'Porsha from the audition shows and loved her in the beginning and love her now.  And in her own words, I think it would be fun to see American Idol end where it first began . . . with a female winner.  A winner who also happens to be the contestant who gave the best performances and earned the right to be crowned this final season's American Idol winner. Even Kelly Clarkson (who before last night has never voted for a contestant) said that she intends to vote for La'Porsha to win.  I agree and so this is how I voted.


I'm not sure who will win tonight but I think we are all winners for having had American Idol in our lives for so long.  Thank you!  And to my fellow American Idol fans, AnnieNC, FoxVegas, Menehune, SandraC, Marta and so many more of my fellow bloggers who took the time to read my posts, for also sharing your reviews and for commenting on my blog about the competition and wonderful talent that we were so lucky to enjoy.  And now I'll sign off so I can sit back and enjoy tonight's show.

And that's my final American Idol Recap.  Keep on Rocking AI . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.