Sunday, January 18, 2015

Koa - Journey to the Rainbow Bridge


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.  those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.  The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.  

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  His bright eyes are intent.  His eager body quivers.  Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.  

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heat.  

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .

~Author unknown.

Dear Koa! We will always remember and love you. 



Koa is my sister's dog who I was fortunate to get to know during my visits to Hawaii.  While visiting, Koa always gave me unconditional love and affection during those times when I needed it.  Seeing him always made me smile. I was so lucky to have known him. And my sister and her family were very lucky to have had him as part of their family.  It makes me so happy to know that he is healthy now and running around in beautiful meadows and fields up in heaven with our family and friends who have gone before us.  

You will always be present in our hearts.  
We love you so much and we will miss you Koa. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Blessings to Koa and sympathy to your sister and everyone who loves him. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to our sweet pets. That Rainbow Bridge story gets me choked up every time I read it!

    Hope you are doing well! I leave for my business trip to Malta on Wednesday! I'm going over a few days early so I can explore. Have learned that they have tons of churches and street shrines, my fave things to photograph. Just hope the weather is okay (today they had an intense hail storm!).

    Also wanted to tell you that I read the Purple Rain/Prince book - it was really good! I haven't watched any Idol yet this season because I've been so busy at work but hope to get into it when I get home from Malta.

    Take care and talk to you in early Feb when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thank you so much for your blessings. Koa's passing was very difficult for my sister and her family and I was so sad too. We all miss him but are happy that he is at the Rainbow Bridge.

      How wonderful that you have a work trip to Malta and that was very smart to plan more days for some personal exploration. I am looking forward to seeing your photos and learning about the many churches and street shrines there. Safe travels and have a wonderful time both personal and work time in Malta.

      I'm glad to hear that Purple Rain is a good read. I hope to read it too soon. I'm been reading loads of books on the Camino so have been preoccupied with that. I haven't blogged about it yet, but I have been watching the auditions for AI. I think it will be a good year. Adam even got to guest judge once for Keith. There's a really diverse group this year. I may do a quick blog after this week's final audition shows and before Hollywood week. I like picking my favs and seeing whether or not they make it past the Hollywood cuts. :)

      Safe traveles and have an awesome trip! I look forwarding to catching up with you and reading all about your trip when you return.

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.