Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day: Sacrifices Made

In a hospital room my uncle tells my sister and I a story we had not heard about. He said when they were young during war time in the Philippines, soldiers attacked their village. There was this one soldier who was about to attack him when my dad got the soldiers attention to chase him while my uncle ran away to hide in the rice fields. I remember my dad telling us that he was beaten once by a soldier which gave him this scar, but we did not have the full story as was told by my uncle. 

The next day, my sister and I watched as my dad slipped gently into eternal rest to be with God. 

What I remember most about my dad is his hard work ethic, his sense of humor and the sacrifices he made for his family and the ones he loved. It was something he did because that was who he was  . . . a devoted husband, father, brother, son, friend and co-worker.  


Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you made, the love and support you gave us and for setting the standards for which we should live our own lives.   

Happy Father's Day Duddy!  

And a very Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

4 comments:

  1. Your dad was very brave! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Girasoli, thanks so much for your comments. My uncle told us that he saved his life by doing what he did. It was so incredible to hear this story after all those years. Gave me a bigger a respect (if that is possible) for my dad.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your kind words.

      Hope you have a great week.

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.