Monday, May 20, 2013

2013 Peruvian Travel Adventures: Majestic Machu Picchu

  

 
I had put off fulfilling my dream to see Machu Picchu for far too many years, because I just didn't think that I could travel there as an independent female solo traveler.  Last year while I was researching for my first South America Travel Adventure to Argentina, I stumbled upon a cool blog (My Travels: Peru) from an independent female solo traveler named Yvonne, in the Fodor's Community Forum.  Reading her blog about her experiences gave me the confidence to finally take this trip and I couldn't be more thrilled.
 
I have booked all of my lodgings, purchased my airline tickets and I am currently putting together a brief itinerary of my "must see" list. And at the top of that list is, of course, the very majestic Machu Picchu!
 
I've downloaded several e-books in preparation for my trip and although my trip is 5 months away I'm beginning to get that tingly, excited feeling.  You know what I mean, it's that sensation you get when you know that your dream is about to come true.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. So exciting, I'm so happy for you! Glad this is finally happening for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, thanks so much for your comments. And thanks for reminding me of my still yet unfulfilled dream to visit MP after my Camino trip got postponed to 2014. It made me get refocused again to finally take this trip.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava, Kathy! this looks like a wonderful trip! I have heard such great things about Peru and especially Machu Picchu. It will be such fun to tag along via your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra, thanks so much for your comments. I am so looking forward to seeing MP and also to learn about the inca culture and poke around the Sacred Valley a bit. I'll be staying in hotels for this trip and I think they all have free wifi. Not sure how fast they are but will certainly try to blog while there. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am soooo excited for you! Sounds like another exciting adventure! Can't wait to follow along once you are there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Girasoli, I can't wait too. :) All three of my hotels have included Wi-Fi so it looks like I'll be able to blog hopefully regularly. I'll also be tweeting too. :)

    Thanks so much for your comments. Hope you're having a wonderful summer so far. Looks like your Red Sox are doing much better this year. Go Red Sox!!

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.