Wednesday, March 27, 2013

American Idol Season 12: Detroit Night

I'm a big fan of Motown songs so I really enjoyed tonight's Detroit Night! And to help prepare the idols for their performances was the one and only, Smokey Robinson. 

Here's how I rated tonight's performances:

Serious Idol Potential: Kree Harrison sings Don't Play That Song. The only person who can possibly top her performance tonight would be the queen of soul herself, the great Aretha Franklin.
 
Very Good: Candice glover sings Heard It Through the Grapevine. Nice bluesy vibe!; Janelle Arthur sings You Keep Me Hangin' On. I loved it!;  Burnell Taylor sings My Cherie Amour; Devin Velez sings Tracks of My Tears.

Just Okay: Amber Holcom sings LatelyLazaro Arbos sings For Once in My Life; Angie Miller sings Shop Around

Bombed: The guys singing Suger Pie Honey Bunch. :)

And here's how I voted on my American Idol App:


And that's my Recap. Keep on Rocking AI . . .

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recap, Kathy. I wasn't able to watch this week so am glad to read it about it. Hate I missed Motown - I love those old songs. Just learned that Devin went home and only 2 guys are left in the Top 7 - wow! Looking more and more like there will be female winner this year.

    Hope you have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, you're welcome. The show was pretty good with a few wonderful classic Motown hits. I always enjoy seeing Smokey mentor the idols as well.

    I agree, I think we will have a female winner and I even think we might even have an all female finale too. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.