Friday, December 14, 2012

Saturday's PhotoHunting: Trees

While walking the trails at the Iguazu National Park in Argentina last month, I learned to look up among the beautiful trees in the park, so I can see some of the many species of birds inhabiting the jungle. 


Trees provide shade and a nice resting place for us and our animal friends and they are such an important part of our environment.  I learned a lot about them on my Iguazu National Park Jungle Safari Adventures Tour.  The tour guide was very knowledgeable and made sure to warn us to look out for low hanging tree branches.  Sure enough, there were a couple of near misses while on the 45 minute drive. :)  Check out my quick video:



Trekcapri's Travel Adventures: Iguazu National Park Jungle Safari Adventures Tour, Argentina 2012 from Kathy Colobong on Vimeo.

To see more PhotoHunters, you can visit Gattina's Kehole Pictures website HERE!  


9 comments:

  1. So... how many photos did you take in Argentina, Kathy? ;b

    Sounds like you really went to a lot of places within Argentina. So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YTSL, :) not sure but I'm sure it's a lot. But probably 1/3 are duplicates as I tend to take multiple shots of the same image in hopes that one will be a great shot. :) I tried to see and do the things that were really high on my list there. I think I got most of the things I wanted to see & do done but it wasn't easy. Argentina is beautiful but it is also a huge country. :)

      Thanks so muc for your comments. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I have heard so much of Argentina but it seems not many people visit it. I would love to see the photos you took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ECL, thanks so much for your comments. This was my first time to visit South America and was torn between Peru and Argentina. I'm glad that I went, it is a wonderful country. I hope to sneak a few photos here in there in photoHunt but will hopefully do a few more post with some of my more memorable memories, when I'm able to sort through the hundreds on my external drive. :)

      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. Yes, a tree is like a building with flats for birds, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big bird. It amazing what wildlife lives off of tree.

    Mine is up and the coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girls, thanks so much for your comments...

    Gattina, that's funny! I think it is, the top being the penthouse with the best views. :)

    Dora, it's funny but sometimes you don't see them they sometimes blend in. But when a group of people are huddled taking photos, that's when I knew there was something special and I joined in to snap these beautiful birds.

    Have a wonderful weekend Gattina & Dora,

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bird! I have to laugh - I do the same thing (take duplicates in the quest for that perfect shot). :)

    Sorry I'm late to comment - work has been nuts! But just 2 more days and then I'm off for a week - yay! I hope you're all ready for the holidays and having a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, oh so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that does the duplicate (and for me sometimes more) photo taking system.

      Horray! A whole week off, Sweet! After such a hectic work schedule, I'm so happy for you to have a whole week off. Enjoy your time off and if I don't get a chance to say, have a wonderful Christmas and a Safe & Health New Year!

      Delete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.