Sunday, December 4, 2011

Feeling Inspired: I'm Back . . .

I'm back!  It was a fabulous trip and I am missing Italy already. So far my jetlag isn't so bad. I didn't get up at 1:00 am in the morning like I have after past trips.  I am so enjoying catching up with everyone's blog which I have really missed reading. 

I wanted to say a huge thank you to Sandra for showing me around her favorite places in Rome. It was so wonderful to meet her and learn about her language school which she will start on Monday and of her plans while in Rome.  She is a very sweet person and so knowledgeable about so many things.  She seems so comfortable in her new home already and it was a delight to see Rome through her eyes.  I am looking forward to reading about her new life in Rome as she writes about her experiences on her blog, Leaping Without a Net.  I am inspired by Sandra's kindness and her move to follow her dreams.

So on the note of feeling inspired I wanted to share a beautiful short film that I found on Google+.  It was written and directed by female film maker, Sharon Wright.  One can draw several conclusions to the message. I see it in two ways:  First, any act of kindness can create so many positive ripples of spreading the act of "kindness" to others.  Second, even the smallest of contributions can make a big difference in someone's life.



Thank you again Sandra for taking me around Rome and for the inspiration to keep following my dreams!


9 comments:

  1. Kathy, it was a great pleasure to meet you, too! You are an extremely kind (and patient!) person, and I so enjoyed getting to know you a bit better.

    Our GTG really lifted my spirits as I had been feeling a bit disoriented on my first full day in Rome, and I hope we meet again.

    Lovely video, heart-breaking to think how hard life is for so many folks. Yet, inspiring to think how many can also rise above it.

    Have a great week, hope the jet lag doesn't appear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, thank you so much for the great evening filled with art, prosecco :), great food and even greater conversation.

    I will be glued to your blog to read more about your experiences living in Rome and seeing how your language school is going. I am looking forward to hearing how your gtg on the 12th went and how your Christmas Eve plans go. I think no matter which plan you go with it will be a very special evening.

    I'm glad that our little gtg lifted your spirits. Our gtg definitely inspired me to try to do more in my life as well. Sometimes I can lead a very sheltered and protected life and hesitate to meeting new people. I am so glad to have met you and I also hope that we can meet again. Who knows it might be in Umbria. :)

    Take care and hope you get some cool classmates in your language school.

    Best regards,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, Kathy! And thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog and for your kind comments. It was a fun trip and I enjoy sharing my experiences and photos.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you are home with no jet lag! That is wonderful that you and Sandra were able to meet up in Roma. I'm so glad you were able to return to Italy and thanks so much for taking us all along with you via your blog and wonderful photos.

    I can't believe it's only 3 weeks until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, thanks so much for the welcome home and also for reading and commenting on my blog. It was a fun trip and there were so many highlights...meeting Sandra was definitely a highlight. She is such a cool person. We thought of you when we were passing by some wonderful and interesting churches and listening to the beautiful church bells ringing (which I miss hearing). Three weeks...yikes. My sis is coming again for Christmas (yay) and we'll be spending it in Vegas. :)

    Hope your Christmas preparations are going well. Have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, thank you for this video. It is so poignant and beautiful.

    I'm so glad you had such a good time in Italy and with Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome that you and Sandra were able to get together and enjoy Sandrs's new "hometown".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane & Eden, thanks so much for your comments...

    Jane, I'm glad you like the video. It really struck a cord with me on so many levels I just had to share it like the ripples in the pond. Sandra is such a sweet person and so smart with a great since of humor and she was so kind to come to my hotel and take me on a walk to some of her favorite places. I am very excited for her and I think she will be very successful in building a new and exciting life for herself in Italy.

    Hi Eden,it was very special to have had the chance to meet Sandra after knowing her for so long on ST. And some people you just know that they are just as nice in person as they are on the internet. She is so nice, funny and really smart. Italy is lucky to have her there.

    Thanks again girls...Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.