Friday, March 11, 2011

PhotoHunt: Machine(s)

I had so many photos to select from for this theme, but I'm going with one I saw recently from my trip to Amsterdam . . .



I'm going with this cool fast food dispensing machine I found near the famous Nine Streets shopping area in Amsterdam on my last full day. 

For the first time ever on a trip, I purchased a nice pair of boots (and no, not one of the Kinky Boots variety) at one of the shops for $120 euros.  What can I say, something overtook my body when I saw this one pair and next thing I knew I was pulling out the cash.

Across from the shop, I noticed several people taking a shopper's refueling break and having a little snack.  There were these machines with all kinds of sandwiches and other yummy looking food.  They even sold "kipburgers" here, so I just had to snap a photo. :)  But I held out from sampling one of them, because I was saving myself for a nice last day Italian Dinner in a neighborhood Restaurant I spotted the night before. Did I mention that I had fun in Amsterdam. He, he!


See more PhotoHunters HERE!

And for my fellow AI fans and blogging friends, did you catch last night's results show.  I loved seeing Adam Lambert again and he was
awesome. I loved his new song and his unplugged version. I shall definitely download his remix version where a portion of the proceeds from the sales will go to his Trevor Project cause.  Good for you Adam for continuing to increase awareness and for making this a better world through your music. You are not only talented but you are a great role model for other Idols who I hope will follow in your footsteps.

And it was very sad to see one of my earlier favorites, Ashthon Jones, get eliminated last night and even sadder to watch her sing her swan song in hopes of getting the one "Judges Save" for the season. IMHO, I really wish Idol would change this part of the competition and not have the idols sing for the save.  It must be so hard for them to sing their song knowing that they might be going home. And it is difficult to watch.  They should just decide whether or not they would like to give the save or not and then have the idols sing their swan song. Best to Ashthon in her music career. I do think she is very talented and I wish her much success.

And that's my quick Recap. Keep on Rocking AI . . .

Since writing this post, I have learned about the Tsunami that threatened Hawaii and the destruction and devastation on the people, the cities and towns of Japan caused by a massive 8.8 magnitude Earthquake. To our neighbors to the east, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

If anyone else is interested, Redcross is accepting donations to help: REDCROSS

12 comments:

  1. That's a cool and colorful vending machine. Great take on the theme and I enjoyed hearing more about your time in Amsterdam.

    Adam Lambert was awesome last night! Loved the song and really loved seeing him again. He's so talented. Looking forward to more AI next week.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, thanks so much for liking my photo and take. I decided that I needed to do a little more posting about my trip so I don't forget some of the finer details... :)

    It really was good to see Adam perform again. Seems like it was ages ago from last season. I'm so glad he is successful in his career. Yes, AI next week, can't wait too.

    Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post. great idea for the theme. AI: Well, in light of all the talent, I really think Ashton would have gone at some point early. I, too, loved Adam Lambert 's song and the idea of proceeds -- he has matured lovingly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi M, thanks so much for liking my take :). Yes I think with the stiff competition it's going to be a challenge for the contestant with very little room for an off singing night...Adam, I agree, has definitely become a successful and generous artist...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love European vending machines. I remember a set we found in Florence that dispensed cold Peroni beer.

    Great selection for this week's theme.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerry, thanks so much for your comments and for liking my take. How cool is that a beer dispensing machine. I wonder if they have a prosecco one too. :) I also love the machines in Europe, especially because they are so different than ours here. My second choice for PH was a very different working Washing Machine my friend and I learned to use in Siena. The owner or manager of the laundry mat spent a good 20 minutes explaining how to operate them. He was very nice. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah... You found a great choice for this week's theme. They are so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marta, thanks so much for your comments and for liking my choice. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, I am not sure I have every bought anything in a food vending machine, but I remember I used to like looking at the goodies they held. I do remember that they used to sell beer in the vending machines in Spain, and I wonder if they still do.
    I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I must start paying more attention to the vending machines in Europe!!!!

    And can we see your new boots?I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought for a minute you were going to say that you bought the boots from a vending machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone, thanks so much for your comments . . .

    Maya, I'm always weary of vending machine food too. These looked really yummy though . . . or maybe it's the big delicious looking adverstisement photos above the machine that attracted me. :) I don't remember seeing those beer selling vending machines while in Spain. I wish I had though, so I could take a photo and add it to my Machines in Europe collection. :) I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new diggs in Perth. Your view is very beautiful.

    Sandra, lol, I'd love to see one of those beer dispensing ones in Italy or Spain myself, so I must keep my eye for them next time I'm visiting. You never know, those boots could make an appearance one day. :)

    Girasoli, :) a boots dispensing vending machine. Now that would've been unique. lol!

    Thanks again everyone. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.