Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cool Reminders . . .

It was sizzling hot yesterday in Southern California and it will probably reach triple digits again today. Yikes! It's days like these that I really find myself missing that great tasting Italian dessert creation called Gelato. Sure I could get a scoop of Dreyers or Baskins & Robins ice cream . . . but it just isn't the same.

So to have a pleasant visual while riding in today's "heat", I found this photo of a gelato that I enjoyed eating while visiting Venice, Italy last November (2007). My favorite flavors are Coco, Pistachio and Vanilla . . . Yum! Oh, and by the way . . . I did manage to finish the whole thing! :)


Stay COOL everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Yum! My mouth is watering just looking at that awesome photo!

    Looking forward to the AI grand finale this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy (Trekcapri)May 19, 2008 at 6:44 AM

    Hi Annie, me too! The big AI show down between the two Davids should be great.

    I don't think I can even vote on this one as I like them both. So as the saying goes "let the best David win"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, yum is right!!! I love this stuff - my faves are limone and hazelnut. You're right, our ice cream just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy (Trekcapri)May 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM

    Hi Anne, I'll definitely have to try a cup or two of Limone and Hazelnut on my next trip to Italy!

    Hopefully, I'll be lucky enough to visit Italy again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I love gelato, in many flavors! One of the first things I do, if not the first, when in Italy is head to the gelateria. Cool picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy (Trekcapri)May 22, 2008 at 7:53 AM

    Hi Maria, I also like to get my first gelato in as soon as I arrive anywhere in Italy!

    And then I also like to end a trip with a nice cup as well and that memory will have to last me until my next trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's me Trekcapri (aka Kathy). Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.